Memphis Country Club Candied Bacon
Yield: One Pound
Bacon, sliced 1 lb.
Sugar, white 1 lb.
Non-Stick Spray as needed
- Pre-heat an oven to 300°F.
- Place a wire roasting rack onto a sheet pan and liberally spray the rack.
- Individually, dredge each slice of bacon in the sugar and place it onto the rack, single layer with no overlapping of slices.
- Once the rack is full, place the sheet pan of sugared bacon into the pre-heated oven for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and flip each piece over, and return the bacon to the oven for an additional 5-9 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Do not allow the sugar to over cook, or it will develop a bitter flavor.
- Remove the bacon from the oven, and place cooked bacon onto a piece of parchment paper sprayed with non-stick spray to cool.
- Bacon is best served at room temperature.
- Bacon must be prepared the day of service, it does not hold well.
- Brown sugar can be substituted for white sugar.
- Other flavors can be added to the sugar prior to baking: fresh chopped thyme, black pepper, sesame seeds, etc.
- some people add a small bit of flower to it as well