- Creamy Grits
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame (green soybeans)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1. Prepare Creamy Grits; cover and keep warm.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 9 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- 3. Sprinkle scallops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat drippings over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallops, in 2 batches, and cook 3 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes. Remove scallops.
- 4. Add butter to pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté, stirring often, 2 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and edamame; cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add wine, and cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add bacon, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and tomatoes; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Return scallops to pan; cook 1 minute or just until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in basil. Serve over Creamy Grits.
- Note: Stir the grits just before serving, adding a small amount of hot chicken broth or water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.