- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1. Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches in a medium saucepan or Dutch oven. Heat to 375° over medium-high heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine flour and salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado wedges in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, and then dredge in panko to coat.
- 3. Fry avocado wedges, in batches, 30 to 60 seconds or until golden brown, and drain on paper towels. Place on a baking sheet in a 200° oven to keep warm while frying remaining wedges. Sprinkle with additional salt to taste.