1 pound fresh jumbo shrimp in shells (about 14-16 count size)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce
Tablespoons apricot preserves 1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon maple-flavored syrup
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon Szechwan peppercorns, crushed
I Used sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
2 cloves garlic, minced
7-8 slices bacon, halved
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon wedges and parsley, optional for garnish
- Peel and devein shrimp. Stir together all ingredients except bacon, shrimp and lemon juice. Stir in shrimp, cover and chill for at least one hour, but may sit as long as overnight.
- Partially cook bacon, leaving limp. Drain well on paper towels.
- Wrap shrimp in half –piece bacon and thread 4-5 on a skewer. (If using wooden skewers, soak well in water before using.) and dribble lemon juice over skewered shrimp. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Place skewers on a grill rack directly over medium hot grill. Grill uncovered about 8 minutes, basting with remaining marinade. If you are using metal skewers, a hot pad and a fork work well to turn skewers. Wood ones can usually be turned with the bare hand or only a hot pad.
- Slip shrimp off skewers onto individual plates, garnish with lemon wedges and sprig of parsley.