- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal squares (Quaker oat squares?)
- 2 cups toasted oat O-shaped cereal
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased roasting pan.
Bring brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil, without stirring, 5 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 250°. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and soda. Pour over popcorn mixture, and stir until coated.
Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack; break apart. Store in an airtight container