- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (36/40 count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) sweet onion slices
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered
- 2 (16-oz.) packages baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- mom’s dressing mixed with a can of summer corn
1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Drizzle shrimp with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
3. Drizzle okra, onion, and bell pepper with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning.
4. Grill okra, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill onion slices and bell pepper, covered with grill lid, 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
5. Cut okra in half lengthwise. Coarsely chop bell pepper. Toss together okra, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
6. Remove shrimp from skewers, and toss with okra mixture, tomatoes, and Corn Vinaigrette.